What is an Environmental Impact Assessment?
An Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) refers to the process of assessing the likely environmental impacts of a proposal and identifying options to minimize those impacts. The requirement for an environmental impact assessment is generally triggered by a Development Application or change in land use whereby an impact on the surrounding environment is possible. The objectives of an environmental impact assessment are to:
- Provide an overview of the action proposed
- Assess the potential impacts of that action on the natural and surrounding environment including those on soils, water, air, visual amenity, acoustics and biodiversity
- Provide an opportunity for the identification of potential issues and float alternative options
- Inform decision makers on findings of the assessment before final approval decisions are made.
Get in touch with Broadcrest to discuss with a Environmental Scientist an Environmental Impact Assessment for your project.
Broadcrest specialise at providing environmental impact assessment for:
- High-rise with basements carparks
- Residential developments
- Commercial and industrial developments
- Agricultural enterprises
Click here for information on the Review of Environmental Factors (REFs); our for more information and quotation of your project, contact us today.
Looking for further Scientific & Engineering Advice? Our in-house range of services also includes: